Pages

Sunday 6 March 2011

A Kayakers Blog

I began this blog as a helpful tool for anyone kayaking or even canoeing for that matter. I love the sound of my kayak gliding across the water interrupted only by my paddles dipping in the water. I love my kayak for the sound it doesn't make - no loud motor noise. I'm relatively new to kayaking. I kayaked for the first time in 2007 at a Grand River Conservation Area using one of their blue rentals. I loved it and I haven't stopped since. Of course winter seems so long when you're waiting to get back on to the water, but wait I will.
Today Dave and I took a drive to Port Maitland to check out the Grand River. It's high and moving under the thin layer of ice. It seems so long ago when back in September, I kayaked that section of the river in the warm autumn sun. Last year, my beautiful new kayak suffered some significant damage to the rudder assembly, so this Spring I'm taking it back to the manufacturer (Clearwater Designs) to have it fixed properly. Not sure when my kayaking season will begin, likely after ice out around early April. Usually in the Spring, I like to take my shorter Wilderness Systems kayak out for some river kayaking. Well, that's all for now. I'll update the blog with some more posts or pages of past journeys soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment