Pages

Saturday 19 March 2011

Destination Lake Simcoe

My Kayak and I
View From My Kayak - Saturday Morning Sunrise
Sibbald Point Provincial Park provided an ideal launch site for some kayaking in the southern portion of Lake Simcoe. It was our first time kayaking on this lake. The weather wasn't the warmest and it seemed like the sky would clear then cloud over and open again to soak us. Fortunately it was warm enough that it was nice to be damp. The first part of my trip I headed East along the shoreline to explore for a few kms then turned around and headed back West. Our second time out we headed west to Black River where we decided to head upriver to explore a little. The clouds in the distance started to look menacing so we turned around. We made it back to the put in just as the menacing clouds opened up and drenched us. We made it off the water in time, but didn't quite get the kayaks loaded on the truck. We drove back to camp to change into some warm clothes and wait for the rain to stop. I would love to do more kayaking in Lake Simcoe in the future. Despite the weather, there really wasn't any wind to speak of, so it was still a pleasant paddle. Here are some photos:
Sibbald Point Provincial Park
Not Everything Was Grey!
My Kayak Fishing Buddy - Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment