Pages

Saturday 2 March 2013

Welland River\E.C Brown Kayak Trip

There's a beautiful little conservation area located along the Welland River - E.C Brown. It provides a very nice place to launch into the Welland River East of Hwy 24. Usually I launch at Wellandport, but I decided in June 2012 to take a morning kayak trip out and launch here. There are no washroom facilities but the launch is very good. I kayaked a total of 13 km that morning towards Welland. There were a couple boats out fishing and some small planes flew over me to land at the airport. For a little while the river runs parallel to a road with some traffic so I wouldn't classify it as a nice quiet nature paddle, but it was a fun morning out. Here are some photos:
Welland River

O'Reilly's Bridge

Modern Art

Beautiful Scenery

Welland River

Airplane!

Airplane Along the Welland River

End of Kayak Stats

Very Nice Launch

O'Reilly's Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment